Greetings to all Windows 11 users out there! In this article, we will be discussing how to change the icon size in Windows 11. Having an appropriately-sized and easily visible icon is essential for a user-friendly interface. Without it, the chances of confusion and frustration shooting up will be quite a bit high. The good news is that Windows 11 gives you the option to resize your icons without much of a hassle.
So, whether you are new to using Windows 11 or have been struggling to resize icons, our comprehensive guide is here to take you through the process step by step. We have carefully crafted an article with detailed steps, explanations, and tips to help you with resizing icons on Windows 11 with ease.
Without wasting any more time, let’s jump straight into the steps!
Right-click any empty spot on your Desktop screen, and on the drop-down menu that appears, click on the option that reads Display settings.
In the ‘Display Settings’ window, click on the Advanced display settings option located at the bottom of the page.
In the ‘Advanced display settings’ window, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Advanced sizing of text and other items’ link located at the bottom.
In the ‘Advanced sizing of text and other items’ window, click on the drop-down menu under the heading ‘Change only the text size’ to select the ‘Icons’ option.
In the same window, you can resize the icons. It can either be by percentage (%) or by default size.
Click on the Apply button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
Once clicked on the apply button, a small window will open up, asking whether you want to sign out to the changes, click on the Sign out now button.
Once the system restarts, all icons that you currently have on your desktop will appear in the first decided size.
You can choose to change the size of the icons at any time by following the same steps mentioned above.
Once you are satisfied with the new size of the icons, you can exit the Display Settings window by clicking on the ‘X’ button located at the top-right corner of your screen.
You can apply the same changes to your Start Menu icons by right-clicking on the Start Menu and choosing ‘Display Settings’ and following the same steps as discussed earlier.
Once you have made the necessary changes, you can enjoy your newly resized icons in Windows 11!
The process of resizing icons in Windows 11 is relatively simple and can be done with just a few clicks. You need to follow the steps mentioned above, which starts with right-clicking on your Desktop screen and selecting ‘Display settings.’ From there, you need to scroll down to the ‘Advanced display settings’ section and click on the ‘Advanced sizing of text and other items’ link located at the bottom.
In the ‘Advanced sizing of text and other items’ window, you can select the option to change only the text size, and select the ‘Icons’ option from the drop-down menu. Here, you can either resize the icons by percentage (%) or use the default size.
After selecting your desired size, you need to click on the Apply button, which will prompt a small window asking you to sign out to the changes. After signing out and restarting the system, you will see that the icons have resized to the new size that you chose.
Tips and Tricks
1. You can also use the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl + Alt + Scroll’ to resize the icons quickly.
2. You can choose to make the icons smaller or larger than the default size manually.
3. Make sure to give your system a refresh after resizing icons by logging out or restarting the computer.
4. You can also resize icons on your Start Menu the same way you did it for your Desktop.
5. You can choose to resize individual icons instead of all of them using the same process.
6. You can also choose to have a different set of icon sizes for different monitors.
7. You can refine the resizing of your icons further by adjusting the size of your ‘Text, apps, and other items’ in the same settings.
8. Always ensure that you save the changes you have made by clicking on the Apply button.
9. Keep in mind that if you do not see any changes, you may need to restart your computer.
10. You can resize icons in Windows 11 in just a few easy steps, which makes it a much quicker and more convenient process than earlier versions of Windows.
In conclusion, resizing icons is straightforward in Windows 11, and hopefully, with this guide, you can now easily and quickly resize your desktop icons to your preferred size. If you have any queries regarding the resizing process, do let us know in the comments section.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Changing Icon Size in Windows 11
1. Better Visibility: Changing the icon size in Windows 11 can provide better visibility for users with visual impairments or those who prefer larger icons.
2. Customization: Users can customize the size of their icons according to their preference, which improves the look and feel of their desktop.
3. Clutter-Free Desktop: With larger icons, users can avoid clutter on their desktops, making it easier to find the application or file they need.
4. Productivity: With increased visibility, users can locate and open files or applications more efficiently, resulting in better productivity.
5. Work from Home: In the current “work from home” era, changing the icon size can help users create an ergonomic workspace that suits their needs.
6. Accessibility: Changing icon size makes it easier for individuals with certain disabilities to quickly and easily navigate through their computer.
7. Quick Identification: Larger icons make it easier for users to quickly identify the icons they’re looking for without having to rely on text.
8. Enhanced User Experience: Changing icon size improves the overall user experience by personalizing their desktop and optimizing the use of the screen space.
9. Consistency: A consistent and uniform icon size across various applications and files creates uniformity, making it less confusing for users.
10. Better for Touchscreen Users: Larger icons are easier to tap with a finger or a stylus, making them ideal for touchscreen devices.
1. Screen Real Estate: Increasing the icon size reduces the amount of screen space available for other applications. Users with small screens may find it challenging to work with larger icons.
2. Crop Display: Larger icons may overlap each other and crop out other important information, leading to a cluttered display.
3. Misalignment: Changing the icon size may also cause misalignment with other desktop elements, such as text, folders, and wallpapers.
4. Distraction: Users may get distracted by large icons on their desktop, leading to reduced productivity.
5. Lower Quality: Increasing the size of small icons can lead to pixelation, blurring, and loss of quality.
6. Inconsistency: Changing the size of some icons and not others can create inconsistencies, potentially making navigating the desktop more confusing for some users.
7. Time-Consuming: Manually changing the size of each icon can be a time-consuming process, particularly for users with a large number of applications on their desktop.
8. Limited Customization: While changing icon size provides some degree of customization, there are limited options available in terms of other customization aspects.
9. Reduced Clarity: Some users may find that larger icons make it harder to distinguish between similar icons, reducing overall clarity.
10. Compatibility: Changing icon size may not be compatible with certain applications and software, leading to possible display issues and incompatibility problems.
1. How do I change the icon size in Windows 11?
You can change the icon size in Windows 11 by right-clicking on an empty space on your desktop and selecting Display settings. Then, scroll down and click on Advanced display settings and then click on Scale and layout. Here you can adjust the size of the icons to your liking.
2. Can I change the icon size for individual icons?
No, you cannot change the icon size for individual icons. The changes will be applied to all the icons on your desktop.
3. What are the different options for icon size in Windows 11?
The available options for icon size in Windows 11 are: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large.
4. How do I know which icon size is best for me?
It depends on your personal preference and the size of your screen. You can try out different sizes and see which one works best for you.
5. Can I make my icons smaller than the Small option?
No, you cannot make your icons smaller than the Small option.
6. Can I make my icons larger than the Extra Large option?
No, you cannot make your icons larger than the Extra Large option.
7. Can I change the icon size in tablet mode?
Yes, you can change the icon size in tablet mode in the same way as in desktop mode.
8. How do I reset the default icon size in Windows 11?
You can reset the default icon size in Windows 11 by going to the Scale and layout settings and clicking on the Reset button.
9. Will changing the icon size affect the size of my apps and programs?
No, changing the icon size will only affect the size of the icons on your desktop and not the size of your apps and programs.
10. Can I change the icon size in Safe mode?
No, you cannot change the icon size in Safe mode.
11. Will changing the icon size affect the performance of my computer?
No, changing the icon size will not affect the performance of your computer.
12. Can I change the icon size using keyboard shortcuts?
No, there are no keyboard shortcuts available to change the icon size in Windows 11.
13. Do I need to restart my computer after changing the icon size?
No, you do not need to restart your computer after changing the icon size.
How to Change Icon Size on Windows 11
Windows 11 has a number of new and exciting features, including the ability to customize the size of your desktop icons. If you’re someone who likes to keep their desktop tidy and organized, this feature is sure to come in handy. Here’s how you can change the size of your icons on Windows 11:
Changing the size of your icons on Windows 11 is quick and easy. With just a few clicks, you can customize your desktop to your liking and keep everything in order. Whether you prefer large, easy-to-see icons or smaller, more compact ones, Windows 11 gives you the flexibility to choose the size that works best for you.
Thanks for reading this article on how to change icon size on Windows 11. We hope you found it helpful and that you’re now able to customize your desktop just the way you like it. If you have any other tips or tricks for customizing your Windows 11 experience, be sure to let us know in the comments below. Until next time, happy computing!