Say Goodbye to Unwanted Apps: How to Delete Apps on Windows 11
Are you running out of storage space on your Windows 11 computer? Are there apps that you no longer use or need? Deleting unnecessary apps can not only free up space, but also boost the performance of your computer. In this article, we’ll guide you through 12 easy-to-follow steps on how to delete apps on Windows 11.
Step 1: Click on the Windows icon located on the bottom left corner of the screen.
Step 2: Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
Step 3: Click on “Apps” from the left-hand panel.
Step 4: Scroll down to find the app that you want to delete.
Step 5: Click on the app to highlight it.
Step 6: Click on “Uninstall” to delete the app.
Step 7: Select “Uninstall” again to confirm deletion.
Step 8: Repeat steps 4-7 for any additional apps you want to delete.
Step 9: If you are unable to uninstall an app, try using the “Apps and Features” section in the “System” settings to uninstall it.
Step 10: If an app cannot be uninstalled using either method, it may be a preinstalled app that cannot be deleted. In this case, disabling the app is your best option.
Step 11: To disable an app, go to “Apps” in the Settings menu and click on the app you want to disable. Click on “Advanced options” and then click on “Disable”.
Step 12: Repeat step 11 for any additional apps you want to disable.
Now that you have the steps in mind, let’s dive into the details of each step.
Step 1 & 2: Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, and then select “Settings” from the dropdown menu. This will open up the Settings app.
Step 3: Once you are in the Settings app, click on “Apps” from the left-hand panel. This will open up a list of all the apps installed on your computer.
Step 4: Scroll down to find the app that you want to delete. You can also search for the app using the search bar at the top of the screen.
Step 5: Click on the app to highlight it. This will bring up some options that you can choose from, including the “Uninstall” option.
Step 6: Click on the “Uninstall” option to delete the app. You may be prompted to provide administrative permissions to continue.
Step 7: Select “Uninstall” again to confirm the deletion. The uninstallation process may take a few moments to complete, depending on the size of the app.
Step 8: Repeat steps 4-7 for any additional apps that you want to delete.
Step 9: If you find that you are unable to uninstall an app from the “Apps” section in the Settings menu, try using the “Apps and Features” section in the “System” settings. To access this, click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, then click on the “Settings” icon, and then click on “System”. From there, click on “Apps and Features”. This section will show you a list of all the apps installed on your computer, and you can uninstall apps from here as well.
Step 10: If an app still cannot be uninstalled using either method, it may be a pre-installed app that cannot be deleted. In this case, disabling the app is your best option. This will prevent the app from running and taking up space on your computer.
Step 11: To disable an app, go to “Apps” in the Settings menu and click on the app you want to disable. Click on “Advanced options” and then click on “Disable”. Note that this option may not be available for all apps.
Step 12: Repeat step 11 for any additional apps that you want to disable.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some additional tips and tricks to keep in mind when deleting apps on Windows 11:
1. Keep a list of apps that you have uninstalled. This can come in handy if you need to reinstall an app in the future.
2. Be careful about what you delete. Before deleting an app, make sure that it is not a system file or an important app that your computer needs to function properly.
3. Restart your computer after deleting apps. This will allow your computer to clear any temporary files left behind by the deleted apps, and help optimize performance.
4. Use a third-party uninstaller. If you have a lot of apps to uninstall, using a third-party uninstaller can save you time and make the process easier. Popular options include CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller.
5. Disable startup apps. In addition to deleting apps, you can also improve performance by disabling apps that run automatically when your computer starts up. To do this, go to “Task Manager”, click on the “Startup” tab, and disable any apps that you do not need to run at startup.
6. Clean up your files and folders. Deleting unnecessary files and folders can also save you storage space and improve performance. Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool or a third-party software like CleanMyPC to safely remove temporary files and other junk files.
7. Keep your computer up to date. Regularly installing updates can improve the stability and security of your computer, as well as fix bugs and glitches that may cause performance issues.
8. Be cautious when deleting registry keys. Registry keys are essential to the functioning of Windows 11. Deleting the wrong registry key can cause serious issues with your computer. If you are not experienced with editing the registry, it is best to leave this task to a professional.
9. Use cloud storage or an external hard drive. If you are still running out of storage space on your computer after deleting apps and files, consider using cloud storage or an external hard drive to store your files and documents.
10. Don’t be afraid to seek help. If you encounter any issues while deleting apps or optimizing your computer, don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional for assistance.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Deleting Apps on Windows 11
1. Free up disk space – If you’re running out of space on your Windows 11 system, deleting unnecessary apps is an easy way to free up some of that space.
2. Improve system performance – Removing unused apps can help speed up your computer and improve its performance.
3. Reduce clutter – Getting rid of apps you don’t use can help reduce the clutter on your desktop and make it easier to find what you need.
4. Enhance security – Uninstalled apps can no longer access your system and potentially cause security vulnerabilities.
5. More efficient updates – By removing apps that you don’t use, you’re less likely to encounter issues when updating your system.
6. Improve privacy – Removing apps that collect data can help improve your privacy and reduce the risk of data breaches.
7. Increase battery life – Apps running in the background can drain your battery, so uninstalling them can help conserve power.
8. More storage for important data – If you delete unnecessary apps, you can use that storage space for important files and data.
9. Make your system more personalized – Deleting apps that are not important to your work or entertainment needs can help tailor your system to your preferences.
10. Overall system optimization – By removing unnecessary apps, your system can become more optimized and efficient.
1. Accidental deletion – It’s easy to accidentally delete an app that you actually need, which can cause problems later.
2. Loss of functionality – Certain apps may be essential for the operation of your system, and deleting them can result in a loss of critical functionality.
3. Compatibility issues – Some apps may be required for certain software to function properly, so deleting them can cause compatibility issues.
4. Time-consuming – Depending on how many apps you need to delete, the process can be time-consuming and tedious.
5. Reinstallation required – If you change your mind and need to reinstall an app you have previously deleted, you will need to go through the process of reinstalling it.
6. Painful system restoration – If you accidentally delete a critical app, it can be difficult and time-consuming to restore your system back to its original state.
7. Loss of user data – Some apps may store important user data which can be lost if the app is deleted without proper backup.
8. Potential system instability – If you delete system-critical apps, it can cause the system to become unstable and experience issues.
9. Difficulty locating necessary apps – If you delete too many apps, it can become difficult to locate the necessary apps you need for your work or entertainment needs.
10. Loss of app settings – If you need to reinstall a previously deleted app, you may need to reconfigure your app settings.
1. How do I delete an app on Windows 11?
To delete an app on Windows 11, go to the Start menu and find the app you want to delete. Right-click on the app and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
2. Can I delete built-in apps on Windows 11?
Sadly, no. Built-in apps on Windows 11 cannot be uninstalled.
3. What happens when I uninstall an app on Windows 11?
When you uninstall an app on Windows 11, all the associated files and data are removed from your system. This frees up storage space on your computer.
4. How do I reinstall a deleted app on Windows 11?
You can reinstall a deleted app on Windows 11 from the Microsoft Store or by downloading the app again from its developer’s website.
5. Why can’t I uninstall an app on Windows 11?
There may be several reasons why you cannot uninstall an app on Windows 11 such as you don’t have administrator privileges, a dependent process is running, or the app is open. Try closing the app and disabling any background processes related to it before trying again.
6. Can I undo an app uninstallation on Windows 11?
No. Once you uninstall an app on Windows 11, the process is irreversible.
7. How do I delete multiple apps on Windows 11 at once?
You can delete multiple apps on Windows 11 at once by selecting multiple apps in the Start menu and then clicking on Uninstall.
8. Does uninstalling apps on Windows 11 affect my computer’s performance?
Yes. Uninstalling apps on Windows 11 frees up storage space and can improve your computer’s performance.
9. Can I delete a desktop app and keep the files it created?
No. If you delete a desktop app on Windows 11, all the files it created will be removed as well. You need to manually move those files to a different location before uninstalling the app.
10. How do I uninstall apps that I don’t remember the name of?
You can open the Settings app on Windows 11 and go to Apps & Features. From there, you can search for apps and uninstall them.
11. Can I delete apps on Windows 11 while they’re updating?
No. You cannot delete apps on Windows 11 while they’re updating. You’ll need to wait until the update is complete.
12. How do I uninstall a game on Windows 11?
To uninstall a game on Windows 11, go to the Start menu and find the game you want to delete. Right-click on it and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
13. What should I do if I accidentally uninstall an important app?
If you accidentally uninstall an important app on Windows 11, you can reinstall it from the Microsoft Store or by downloading it again from its developer’s website.
How to Delete Apps on Windows 11
Windows 11 is the latest operating system from Microsoft which offers new features and improved performance. One of the features that users often need to do is deleting apps that they no longer need. In this article, we will guide you step by step on how to delete apps on Windows 11.
The first method to delete apps on Windows 11 is through the Start menu. Open the Start menu and find the app you wish to delete. Right-click on the app and select “Uninstall”. A pop-up message will appear asking if you are sure you want to uninstall the app. Click “Uninstall” once again and wait for the app to be removed from your system.
The second method to delete apps on Windows 11 is through the Settings menu. Open the Settings menu by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu or by pressing “Windows key + I” on your keyboard. Click on “Apps” and a list of all installed apps will appear. Find the app you want to delete and select it. Click the “Uninstall” button and wait for the app to be removed from your computer.
If you are having trouble uninstalling an app using the two methods above, you can try using Powershell. Powershell is a command-line tool that allows you to execute commands in Windows. To use Powershell to delete an app, open it by typing “Powershell” into the search bar on the Start menu. Right-click on it and select “Run as administrator”. Type the following command: Get-AppxPackage *name* | Remove-AppxPackage and replace *name* with the name of the app you want to uninstall. Press Enter and wait for the command to complete.
Conclusion and Closing
Deleting apps on Windows 11 is a simple process that can be done in a few clicks. Whether you use the Start menu or the Settings menu, make sure to confirm that you want to uninstall the app when prompted. If you encounter any issues, try using Powershell to delete the app. With these steps, you can easily free up space on your computer and optimize its performance. Thank you for reading and we hope you find this guide helpful. Goodbye!